I am so excited, this soup tastes so good. Wow, who would think squash could taste so good. This soup has such a creamy wonderful texture and taste. It is loaded with lots of veggies making it hearty enough to be eaten as a meal. Oh good, and I don’t have to make anything else, everyone is content as can be eating this hearty soup. Everything is in one pot, the way I like it! Creamy butternut squash soup with veggies is easy to make, and it is so simple. Bake the butternut squash, puree it in a food processor with chicken broth and add your veggies with half & half, yum. What a great way to eat squash, and it has all that good beta carotene that is healthy for you too. The creamy Butternut Squash Soup is blended with potatoes, celery, onions, carrots, and sweet red peppers giving the soup a full body, that is so satisfying. Cook it up and garnish with croutons and parmesan cheese to make it extra special or use your favorite soup toppings.
Creamy Butternut Squash Soup with Veggies
|Meal type||Main Dish, Soup|
- 3 cups Medium Size Butternut squash (Remove seeds and bake a medium size butternut squash and scoop out the squash)
- 2 cans Chicken Broth 14 1/2 ounce (Reccomended to use low sodium)
- 1 cup 1/2 and 1/2 cream
- 2/3 cups Carrots (chopped into small pieces)
- 2 cups Peeled and cubed potatoes (about 3 medium sized)
- 2 stalks Celery (chopped into small pieces)
- 1/2 cup Sweet Red Pepper (diced into small pieces)
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Parsley (Substitute 1 Tablespoon dried parsley)
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 4 tablespoons White Wine
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Onion (Finely chopped)
Creamy Butternut Squash Soup with Veggies is an easy to make soup, that tastes delicious. You can vary it by adding fresh mushrooms as one of your sautéed veggies.